Originally Posted By: BerkleeGuitarist
Str@man,

I think that Digidesign will be very reluctant to unbundle the 11R editor from Protools. From their perspective they want everyone on the planet to use Protools. You can't blame them. It is their flagship brand product and is where they make their bread and butter. Making a stand-alone editor will free many of us up to use other recording products. From the Digi outlook, the 11R is primarily a fancy protools interface, not necessarily a top-shelf stand-alone modeler. Have you noticed the lack of advertising/promotion for the 11R? The lack of big name guitarist endorsees? The Axe FX is advertising in every guitar magazine and has an army of top guitar players drooling over it in promos. Digi hasn't done anything like that to promote the 11R, which is a shame because I think the 11R can hold it's own against the AxeFx is many ways, but at a much more reasonable price.

Although I would love to see the editor untethered from Protools as muc as the next guy, realistically I would be shocked if they did.

We can always hope,though. Maybe they will read our threads and crank up the advertising engine to let more people know about the 11R.

Wow, I got a little light-headed from standing on that soapbox for too long...

Peace

Soap on brother, soap on smile

I think you make some very good points man, and I like hearing other
perspectives because many times I learn things that I hadn't considered
before, and this is one of those times smile

Thanx for the input my friend!