I thought I'd finally try out the editor for the 11. Installed the editor, iLok, and drivers, in that order, which was exactly backwards but eventually worked.

I initially tried using ElevenHack but it just wouldn't work and given that the last update on it was in 2013, I wasn't holding out much hope.

I was quite surprised to see 4 audio interfaces show up in my DAW (Ableton Live and SONAR). For some reason, I thought that would only work in Pro Tools. To be honest I have not tested it yet though.

OK here's my big question.

Under "Tempo", there is a MIDI function on the top right soft switch. I could NOT get it to illuminate or tempo to sync to MIDI. I also might be having some problems with the external MIDI interface I'm using, but it's hard to debug. Will the "MIDI" switch only toggle if the Eleven rack is actually receiving MIDI clock at the time?

I know it worked at some point in the past.

It also looks like there are 2 MIDI ports added when I plug in the Eleven via USB - "Eleven Rack" and "external". The Eleven manual states that MIDI sync should be received via the MIDI IN port (can't recall the actual wording). So it's not clear that it can get clock tempo via USB MIDI.

Any hints?

TIA,

DL

Edited by Digital Larry (01/06/20 08:22 AM)