@DonaldR:
I have a strat that has an EMG 60X in the neck and an 81 in the bridge, that guitar is great for heavy stuff, jazzy stuff, bluesy stuff, way more versatile with the 11R than my previous experience with EMG's would predict. I also like the 81TW and 89R set that is in my Schecter Hellraiser, but not as much as the aforementioned strat. I haven't found a single-coil set I like yet, but I haven't tried antiquities or the EMG active single-coils yet either.. So you would recommend the EMG SA's?

I have another strat that has the Gibson Burstbucker Pro set in it, I have found that set to be expressive with the 11R as well. I have tried plenty of combinations of pickups and those mentioned are the ones I have settled on for now.

I asked because, to me, the 11R seems to work better with some pickups that don't sound too good on a live amp, and some pickups that sound good on said amp are lacking somewhat on the 11R. Having a strat makes pickup changes less painful (I never swap pickups in the Hellraiser, too cramped). I was just wondering what other people thought as well..

@T.C.Kramer; @lespauled:
I had a Hagstrom Super Swede (Les Paul variant) with the JB/Jazz in it before I had the 11R, I really didn't like the JB through an amp (B52 at100 to 412), I thought it was super-nasal and sharp, but that's probably why it cuts through so well.. That was disappointing for me seeing as how one of the artists I think that has the best tone is Adam Jones, and he almost exclusively played the JB set. I should try them out again as they would probably be totally different with the 11R..