@ Singtall: Of course you can use it. Thank you for all of your help. I'm indebted to you. I really do appreciate your advice and the Superpack.

------------

@ T.C. Kramer: My studio setup is pretty modest:

Pro Tools 10.3.9, 11R, Line 6 POD HD Pro X (which I rarely use), Presonus Eureka Mic Pre, Shure Mics, and Michael Joly Mics (which I highly recommend, if you're on a budget like me). McDSP, Slate, Izotope, and Avid plugins are my 'go-to' plugins. I use the AIR stereo enhancer in addition to the L & R hard pans. To me, it makes the guitars sound like they're almost outside of the speakers. I use Reason for my synths, bass, and MIDI tweaking. For EZ Drummer, I export each group out of the mixer, including compression and ambience. It usually equates to Kick, Snare, Toms, Hi Hat, Overhead, Ambience / Compression as their own track in my session. From there, I add reverb, EQ, and compression as needed in Pro Tools. I use the Metal! kit the most, but I'll sometimes snag cymbals from the Modern Basic kit, as I feel they sound full and less sterile. I also modify a lot of the MIDI to fit my songs. I'm not an expert on mixing, by any means. But if you'd like more information, I'd be happy to share with you the mistakes I've made and learned from (EQ, Compression, Panning, Levels, et al).

The most important plugin / asset has been Singtall's Superpack. It's made life a lot easier for a guy that can't create a decent signal chain (aka, me).

------------

@ TLTD: I appreciate the feedback. I hear what you're talking about. The only thing I have on the kit is light reverb and compression. Maybe it's the reverb that's adding that slap back effect on the toms. Also, I notched the mids on the toms, so they almost sound like a kick, now that I listen to it. I appreciate the critique.

Edited by Briz (06/10/16 11:34 AM)