Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do something, anything, with ProTools? So far I have three books and have gone through them but cannot record anything. Essentially I just want to use it for a "Scratch pad" to record riff ideas and record me practicing so I can have a good cry.

All I get is a mountain of errors. Apparently I can't get the I/O setup properly and I don't even know where to find out how to do it right. There seems to be lots of small, but critical, bits of information missing.

My "Setup" is my laptop (A brand new Toshiba laptop with an i7 quad core, 16GB RAM and a 500 GB SSD) connected via USB to my 11R which is connected via 1/4" TS to a Behringer KX1200 FRFR amp I have no idea of I need other stuff. My understanding was that I can use the 11R for an interface, but I could well be wrong there

I would like to find someplace that will show me what parts and pieces I need and what connects where and then will walk me through recording something, anything, step by step. That info has to be somewhere, but I have yet to find it.

The truly aggravating thing is that I taught myself Unix (Not Linux, but the real deal, FreeBSD) with the FreeBSD handbook and it was stone simple compared to this. This is more like Linux, a confused aggregation of bits and pieces of information with no cohesion and lost of missing parts.

Yes, I'm a little aggravated.

Anyone have any ideas?

...And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten...