Thanks for the replies.

Originally Posted By: TLTD
Yeah, I think you will like it. Ownhammer has IRs just for live use in their packs usually. One of my favorite ones is a chinese v30 that's supposed to be for live playing, but I found that there was more "there" to EQ and shape that way I would like, and would probably be good with very little EQ-ing, if none at all.

Do you remember the name of that IR? And how can one identify "live" IRs out of the cryptic name in the Ownhammer packages?

Originally Posted By: singtall
depends on what you want your end tone to sound like. i go for the final mixed cd tone live, but many others want to sound of an unmic'd amp. if that's what you are after, then you will need to roll off a bunch of high end and in some cases high mids to get there. the Epsi can be helpful IF you already have an IR that sounds like an unmic'd speaker...which i haven't found. it takes a mic to get the speaker sound, so you are kinda stuck with it.

i made some fizz reduction presets in my superpack that are designed to give more of an amp-in-the-room tone. maybe try some of those and tweak from there?

I'm not sure if I have any strong preferences, actually, so at the moment I can go both ways. I play mostly at home, using an Alto TS112A, and are looking for plug-and-play great sounds, mic'ed or not, coming out of it. I've had some great sounds earlies, based on presets your superpack (after donating of course), but would like to do less eq'ing and more playing, in particular at gigs.

Originally Posted By: Downrazor11
In my opinion there has been no experience closer to a real amp plus cab sound than adding an EPSi (with the ownhammer 4x12 'Vintage Studio Mix Speaker Collection' loaded) to the fx loop of the eleven rack. I love the dynamic and feel I get from this combination, and it behaves like it should when I roll back the volume knob on the guitar. I am rarely content with gear, but I have been content with my 11R and EPSi for 2 yrs now.

It's the $100 collection at http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=161&products_id=368 you're refering to? Any particular IRs you're using?