yep, you know it was only a matter of time before i tried it. short answer.....freaking awesome!

hookup: eleven rack effects loop out to amplifire input (mono), amplifire output to eleven rack effects loop in (stereo). this allows you to use any combo of amp/cabinet, plus redundant effects like two delays with 2 different times.

first big bonus is the ability to load any cabinet IR into the amplifire and use it with any eleven rack amp (or vice-versa). even the stock amplifire IR's are a big improvement.

more eq! you can use the eq's from both units to dial in any tone you can imagine. the good news is that i didn't need any eq with just about anything i tried (using the amplifire as the cabinet).

reverb. the eleven rack reverb just sounds much better than the amplifire at it's current firmware. i'm sure the amplifire will get better with each firmware revision though.

stacked overdrives. some people actually use two pedals to get the distortion they want. i've never done it, but i know people that have. example: Steve Vai uses both an overdrive and a distortion (not at the same time) and he switches between them as he desires.

bonus: the eleven rack provides xlr outs, usb recording, and microphone input that the amplifire lacks to be a true recording interface.

the two units work seamlessly and quietly to provide excellent tone. you want top tier tone on the cheap? you have arrived. with eleven rack prices in the $300 ballpark you just can't lose.