Originally Posted By: sable904
Hi all, well I'm looking for an amp that has 2 speakers and fx loop. My genre of playing is hard rock and metal. something for small jam sessions and bedroom. Any help or direction to go would be most thankful. My budget would be no more than $500.00

Yeah, I think the majority of the people who use the 11R have it going through a PA monitor of some type, I use an electro voice zlx12p and it gets loud and stays clear, I like it better than the Alto. I also have an 11R always connected to the computer, it has its own studio monitor speaker (a JBL LSR-308, the computer has a pair of 305's) and I like that what I hear through it would be what I would hear as a recording, but I don't think it would be loud enough to do shows (hence the zlx12p setup for live).

I don't know of anyone that uses a guitar amp for the 11r, I originally tried using mine as a preamp into my b52 at100 head with 4x12 cab and I wasn't happy with it, and worse was that if I got a patch sounding good it would sound horrible when recorded through usb unless I mic'd it and went through a different interface...

I know neither of the speakers I use have an effects loop, but I haven't needed one after the signal hits the amp for my applications. Why are you wanting an effects loop (just curious)?