Originally Posted By: Downrazor11
Welcome Phil, let us know if we can help!

Oh trust me, when I get ready to fire up PT and start actually trying to record I'll be badgering the heck out of everyone. I am a complete n00b.

Originally Posted By: jaminjimlp
Welcome brother!!! I like the squire it looks great!!!

never though about using the dremel tool like a router. I need to make a battery box for one or 2 of mine.

Thanks man! I would recommend using as large of a standard bit as you can get you hands on and wrap it with masking tape so that only a slightly length slightly shorter than your target depth is exposed. The, slowly and gently drill out the four corners of your battery box. (You did mark the box out on the paint right?), then use a paddle bit to CAREFULLY remove a slightly shallower amount out of the middle of the box area. Remember the "Spike" in the middle of the bit so that you don't accidentally punch through the front.

Handy tech tip: if you're doing it on a strat, put your box on the backside behind the pickguard so that if you do punch through, no one knows but you.

Once you have augured out most of the wood, use coarse wood burrs to finish up. I screwed up on mine and didn't tape off the routed area and accidentally scuffed the paint. Lesson learned #2. frown

Be patient, that Dremel will heat up often and if you push very hard at all the burr shaft WILL bend. Ask me how I know. Lesson learned #3.

Anyway, here is the finished product in all it's sketchy glory.

...And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten...