Hi All,

I would like to ask for some advice on setting buffer size in Guitar Pro, Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth and VST Host. CPU processing is not an issue as I just build a new high-end desktop. Please be patient with my explanation below smile

I have Guitar Pro 5.2 setup in the following manner:

Output drum sound using Ezdrummer 2 and all other instruments sound using soundfont contained in Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth.

I got this idea from the following link (scroll to the last section of the page):
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-1327139.html

For drum sound, Guitar Pro -> LoopBe1 -> Vst Host -> Ezdrummer 2
For all other instruments, Guitar Pro -> Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth

All sound is output through headphone via Eleven Rack Audio Interface .

In Guitar Pro 5.2,

Sound->Audio Setup->Midi Outputs,

Port 1 is set to Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth (what latency should I set here? Default is 60ms)

Port 2 is set to LoopBe1 (what latency should I set here? Default is 60ms)

In Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth,

Under Advanced Options, additional output buffer (what latency should I set here? Default is 250ms)

In Vst Host,

Devices->Wave,

Output port is set to Eleven Rack ASIO Driver

Sample Rate is set to 44100

Buffer is set to 128 (what Buffer should I set here? Other options are 64,92,128,256...etc)

I have highlighted those uncertainty sections in Bold text. What buffer rate should I set on Guitar Pro, Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth and VST Host to achieve the lowest latency and also to ensure the drum sound is play in sync with all the other instruments in Guitar Pro when I click the button 'play'?

Cheers.

Edited by 11R0 (10/12/15 08:13 PM)