I have the AmpliFIRE also... so I'll chime in.

From the perspective of amps/tone - I think the AmpliFIRE and 11R went for a similar strategy - quality over quantity. Both units have a smaller amp model list compared to other MFX - and smaller effect offerings as well. That said, everything in both AF and 11R are of excellent quality.

I do feel the amp modeling in the AF is better - but not a HUGE improvement over the 11R. For me, the bigger difference is the IR vs the 11R cab/mic block. I always struggled finding the cab/mic combination in the 11R that was what I really wanted. I did audition a number of IRs - but found the one that was the what I was looking for. I was able to cast a broader net than a limited offering - which is what, for me at least, was the difference maker.

The other things I feel are benefits of the AF are:
- it fits on my pedal board - the 11R required a rack bag - which was another thing to carry around. Not a huge deal - but one less thing
- it is being actively developed/expanded. There has been a firmware update since the AF was released. Another is in the works. Granted they're not coming fast - but they are doing firmware updates - and listening to user feedback to do so
- it has more horsepower from a DSP perspective - so they can do more with the unit overall
- very powerful EQ options. The cab block has EQ options. There are 3 para EQ blocks that can be assigned pre or post amp model. There is a graphic EQ, also with pre/post assignment. They have an additional "pre-EQ" with a built-in low-cut parameter.
- it has XLR and 1/4" outputs - you can independently assign the cabinet block so you can send the IR out the XLR but not the 1/4" - so you can run direct to FOH and use a power amp/cab on stage.

Let me conclude by stating that I used my 11R exclusively for several years - REALLY like it and fully believe it is an awesome piece of equipment! I see the AF as being an improved 11R in a floor based unit - but that is simply my opinion - YMMV.
Atomic AmpliFIRE, Avid 11R, Franklin ProDrive, Franklin F-Plex Delay, Line 6 M9