what is the combo amp??
just wanting to see if it is a clean pure amp or if it is a standard guitar amp.....

for the 11r I would use a good pa style setup... or some say a bass setup works well.....

I went the route of the Behringer head as I can hit the amp as left right and clean... then the bugura 4/12 guitar speakers...
I get all I need out of 2 full stacks (that's 8 drivers left and 8 drivers right) and 2 heads for 220 watts music power....

I am looking at running 2 peavey 215's per side for pa with a matching 4 peavey amps..... the 15 inch drivers work well for full audio...

plenty of headroom...

and may add 2 18 inch cabs later with 2 more large amps for the bottom to cover the new synth guitar setup....

it all depends on what sound you have chased with the 11r and need to reproduce... and at what DB... in how large of venue...

ev and several others have been in this for many years and have great products.... I all depends on "your sound"
I would go for flat.... hard to get that!!
it will reproduce the 11r as good as you can get...
flat is not a dead sound...
but maybe 20hz to 20kz at +or- 1 db and a 64 band digital eq to smooth that to close to 0 db flat....

as far as ev these are good 280 usd at this date
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EVM12L

they are nice flat!!
if it is in a combo I would do both of them...
maybe stack a horn along the side on a separate cab to get the upper fq's if you need them.

I am a fan of cast frame drivers.
they tend to be more efficient and accurate.

just a few thoughts...