My unit seems to be temperamental. Had it working mostly with clean tonnes, but not 100% reliable. Eventually the problems creep in. Truth be told, I'm a newbie to guitar in general and was hoping the 11R would be my answer, but between the sustaining notes cutting off and sounds not picking up until a couple string are picked only to cut out again....I've concluded that something is definitely not right with my unit. Added to these issues, I have also run into erratic volume behavior where it just blasts loud noise, cutting in/out and then to top it off, the 11R volume knob had no effect. The real guitar players in my band tried a couple things they were completely baffled by the units response as it just got worse. Even tried a different guitar in the unit only to find that it seem to run really "hot" compared to my Fender American Strat. It was this other guitar that had the volume issue. I'm running the unit thru a Tech 21 power engine amp via the guitar amp out jack and it's just been horrible to downright unusable. Pretty convinced I have a faulty unit and/or the true z jack is maybe bunk, but eitehr way I'm being forced into sending it back for extended warranty repair. I've already decided if the problem persists after I get the unit back (ie: tell me it works fine, but it doesn't the minute I plug it in....) it's going in the garbage and I will chalk it up to a really frustrating experience. Stay tuned on that front....if it gets resolved I will post the findings for others to learn from.