Not that I ever fell out of love mind you.

I never grabbed the Superpack from singtall, mostly because the samples I heard were always high gain, I don't hook my 11R up to a computer very often for transfer of patches, and well it is really easy tweak to get something I'm happy with myself to be honest. Maybe I'm not that picky, I don't know. I go for a vibe more than dead on artist accuracy I guess.

Anyway, months ago singtall did a great public service (in my opinion) of posting some Nuno/Extreme inspired patches. Now I do have a soft spot for Extreme stuff, so that was enough for me to hook the 11R up to a PC and grab the patches. I liked them better than my own versions I had already made. I think I saved three or four of them and still have them on my 11R. Thanks singtall!

So a couple of nights ago, I started modding one of the patches, simply swapping the amp from a JCM800 to the Soldano crunch channel, turn the gain down from 9 or so to 5, turned the tone knobs ever so slightly - and wow! I really like this tone. I usually play with the fender and marshall models, but this one is REALLY dynamic. Soft picking cleaned up so well, then dig in and you have a great hard rock crunch. No volume control knob is needed... I was amazed all over again at the detail of the 11R models and how much they nailed it (in my opinion). I accidentally over-wrote the existing patch, but it's a keeper anyway!

Just wanted to share my rediscovery of why I enjoy this box so much... cool