I am one of the people here that play through an FRFR after coming to the 11r from a traditional amp plus cab setup. I tried the 11r through the amp to the cab, much like I used to use my 2101, as a preamp, and didn't like the discrepancy in tone from live in the room to usb in and recording. The patches I had set up for live through the amp sounded like ass through the usb or in headphones. I tried it both in to the guitar in as well as in the return of the amp's fx loop, nothing evened things out.

I then switched from an amp head to a poweramp into the cab, closer but still same problems. Then I put the 11r into an FRFR (an EV zlx12p) and set up the patches to sound good through that and found they translated very well to headphones and through usb recording. Things got even better for "real amp sound" when I added the EPSi w/ ownhammer cab IRs in the FX loop of the 11r, that's what I am working with now and it is awesome!

I find I still have to double-check patches to see how they sound at stage volume, but I find everything is much more consistent run through an FRFR. To more directly address your post I have used both an Alto TS110A as well as a Behringer B212D before discovering the EV, both of these got me closer to the great tone I feel I have now but neither were as good as the EV. These are just my experiences, YMMV.

Edited by Downrazor11 (01/22/15 01:52 PM)