Hi all,

I've been using my Alto TS112A with 11R for a year and a half, and are looking into upgrading my monitor solution. I'm not sure if I'll go with another frfr monitor, or maybe I might go for an Atomic Reactor type of setup.

I've gotten some fine sounds out of my Alto, but find that I need to EQ quite a bit to get there. At a gig I did a couple of weeks ago I spent way to much time EQ'ing at the rehearsals (even though I'd dialed in the presets at gig level volume on beforehand), so I missed out of quite a bit of the actual rehearsals (the brazz band I was rehearsing with had to play without me for most of the time, as I was to busy EQ'ing trying to get a decent sound). I'm not sure how the sound was on FOH monitors, so I can only talk about the sound I got in my Alto which I used as a personal monitor.

Anyway, what I'd like is a setup that "just works". I'd love to show up for rehearsals and quickly get a decent sound. One thought I've had is maybe go for a amp based solution such as Atomic Reactor or Tech 21, which to my knowledge would get me closer to a real amp sound than a frfr monitor such as the Alto would. I would probably loose some of the features of the 11R, but maybe it would be easier and quicker to get decent sounds at the rehearsals.

Another option would be to upgrade to a better frfr, such as Atomic CLR or something. My concern is that I'd still be stuck in EQ'ing rather than actually playing the next time I do the brazz band gig.

I'd really like it if I could still send line level signal to the mixer (from either the 11R or the monitor), but it's not a must.

I apologize for the long post, but I'll try and sum up:
1) What benefits would changing from the Alto to an amp such as Atomic Reactor give me?
2) What benefits would changing from the Alto to a better frfr speaker such as the Atomic CLR give me?
3) Will either of the above options make it faster and easier to dial in decent tones during rehearsals/sound checks?

Greetings,
Kenneth