do you ever have a weird hearing day?

sometimes a turn on my rig and i just love the sound i have. maybe once a month i turn it on and i hear everything wrong...like the mids are harsh and the distortion is too grainy. this was my day yesterday and today.

it started when i went back to listen to the last mix test i did (for drums) and i couldn't hear any low mids. i used a reference mic and pink noised my speakers (which most studios never do) and sure enough, there was a natural 5db dip in the low mids...which explains why my drums sounded bad in the low mids. i left everything alone and went inside to watch some football and let my ears rest.

today; i get to church and turn on my rig....which sounds "ok". as the practice goes on i start hearing too much mids and grainy distortion. i didn't adjust anything, i just grinned and played through it.

i'm gonna experiment some more with eqing my studio monitors today just too see what i'm hearing differently on major cd releases. then i'll re-eq my drums and maybe my guitar tone and see what the difference is to you guys.

anyone else ever have a weird hearing day?