My SW rep sent me the latest batch of pre-sets last week. My previous was 3 years old. I didn't have the Gary Hoey set. Do now. Digging them. I needed to boost Amp Out setting in preamp section on just about each one of them. As with most patches, I just need to dial a bit of EQ or whatever here and there to fit into songs better.

For you older guys like me out there, he's got a very servicable patch to cover what he did in the movie, "The Deep". Lots of good moderately heavy patches, by today's standards, and some decent patches using Fender preamps.

That's the puzzling thing. No Marshall patches, unless I missed something. I've heard him chuckle in a pod-cast interview about not being a Fender amp man. (His Surf Rock stuff would fit, though.) I've read and heard that his Fender stack has been heavily modified and geared towards a "different" sound. I think he even had a period of time where he used Marshall stacks live. Maybe it was a Fender sponsoring obligation thing keeping him from doing so when I saw him?

Anyone try these out or have others that they liked from the SW set?