Originally Posted By: strattman76
If I can ask a couple of q's....

1) is the ver c epsi that much of an improvement in the tonal characteristics of the 11r (or any other modeler) that makes $200 + $30-50 for 3rd party ir's worth it?

I was skeptical about this as well. One of my concerns was dropping $200 on another magic box, and to make things more difficult it seems too expensive for what it is. I mean it is well built and all but 1)I have more need for preset changes (up,down) than I do for a bypass switch (I will NEVER USE the bypass), and 2) as Singtall already mentioned, it really needs a clipping signal. So I am basically paying $200 for a product that needs to be revised, not to mention the parts of the unit probably cost $30-$50 to actually make. I can appreciate the cost as paying for the intellectual-development of the zero-latency cab IR path, but for its limitation for my need, only just barely. Plus, I really think Logidy should work out a deal to distribute Ownhammer IRs with their product, the ownhammer mixes are the real shining star here. With that said, I can't think of a scenario where I wouldn't be really disappointed if I had to play without it. It is awesome what it can do with just a pedal in front of it (check the video if you haven't already). I guess it's like buying a sports car and realizing there are still a couple important things you could do to make it a true performance machine, these extra things would be like good FRFR, the EPSi, and the Ownhammer Modern or Vintage mix IRs.

Originally Posted By: strattman76
2) is this strictly a recorded tone thing or does this play well with frfr's?

It sounds awesome with both my EV ZLX-12P and my friend's Behringer B212D as well as on my Tannoy studio monitors.. It really does a wonderful thing.

Edited by Downrazor11 (09/22/14 10:10 AM)