Originally Posted By: noguud
Have you tried pulling down either the "Vol" or "Mast" parameters? I guess I would assume with settings that high, you might even start running out of the amp model headroom with high output pickups and hear some squish and/or distortion with heavy playing. Kick on an external pedal and it would get worse. I'd try dropping those numbers slightly and increase the "Output" parameter to compensate for volume if you need to.
Or, try your pedals into one of the other clean amp models and see if you notice the same thing.... maybe one of the digidesign models like modern clean.
I can make the MS-30 model, the bogner clean model, and the soldano clean models all breakup (no external pedals) with settings in that range.
What were you using before the 11R?

Thanks noguud. I like a small amount of breakup in my clean and that setting seems to get it for me but just gets really squashed when I kick drive pedals on. I noticed that the output of the 11r seems to be capped or limited when I'm looking at my mix on stage. We use a mackie dl1608 and control our own separate in ear mix on iPads. The meters on the iPad seem to look the same when I'm playing my clean sound or when the drive pedal is kicked in. Is that because the headroom of the amp model is maxed out?

I used to use low wattage amps with an attenuator...super champ, ac15, matchless lightning.