The Yamaha DXR series are well liked over at the gear page. The consensus was for el cheapo monitors it's hard to beat the Alto's. I took my pod hd (B4 I got the 11R) over to a big music store over here in the US and played through all they had. Stayed in the pa room for the afternoon. I liked the JBL PRX , then the QSC's tied with EV LiveX's. They did't have any Alto's or Yamaha's. I didn't like the Mackies that they had. All are 12" models. Later I bought 4 EV ZLX12P's for monitors/Mains. They are well liked too BUT I don't like the way they sound just for guitar. They have a lot of bells ect and a dsp you can adjust. It's one of those things where you have a lot of adjustments but none can fully correct the problems. There's something funny going on around 2.5K and the horn doesn't sound linear in the upper mids/lower treble. Woofy too... Scooped.. More prone to feedback than my JBL's. I like my low end tight not woofy and the top to have some air, sparkle. If you can try some out at the store and drive the sales person crazy wink Do It!!