I have to agree the Eleven Rack is so much more than a modeler. I was using a GT10 & did not need a new one. The fact that it was a Pro Tools interface & the amps sounded so good was why I got it in the first place. Now they have added some new toys for both the live & recording world. Looking forward to March. Eventually we will get the Harmonizer & perhaps a reasonable switching system as the Voodoo this is WAY OVERPRICED.
Originally Posted By: roliver5150
One of the big things that I think tends to get overlooked in the comparison to the Ax FX is that the Eleven rack is more than just a modeler, it's also a Pro-Tools interface, that also just happens to ship with the Pro-Tools software included...So for me if I was doing a dollar to dollar comparison even to the Axe Standard, I can't get too bent out of shape about the Eleven having fewer amp models or lacking a couple of the other bells and whistles. This is just my way of thinking, but I think the recording interface makes it a different beast altogether, and personally for me, there's a little extra value in that which allows me to overlook the things it's missing compared to even the $1500 dollar Axe Standard...The eleven has greatly simplified the home recording thing for me, something I never would have gotten around to if I'd had to figure out how to do it with a more complex piece of gear. Yeah, free would be great, but the fact that there are going to be updates I can buy for $100 dollars or thereabouts are just gravy from my perspective.