As some of you know (thanks for the help btw!) I recently bought a new iMac to start making some serious music with. Found out that my "trusty" 11r could not be recognised in Mavericks osx 10.9.4 (the osx that came with the mac!). My surprise was not only that pro tools 10 was no longer supported and I was being FORCED to spend some 500 bucks on PT11 but the 11r was no longer functioning as an audio interface! not even in Garage Band!! This one was the last straw as far as Avid are concerned. I will not buy or support any of their products as I feel that AT LEAST I was entitled to use it as an interface. (was lucky I had my old broken laptop as if I had not loaded it into the old PT8 I would have also said goodbye to it as an amp simulator - it just stopped working!)

Now my options are to either sell the eleven rack and work with something else or since I love the tones on it so much I would have to buy ANOTHER interface AND another DAW (might ending up using garageband after all!)

ranting aside, my question is this; Does the 11r work well with another interface? and is it somewhat possible to preserve the functionality of recording a wet and dry track into whatever DAW i might end up using? also, can you please suggest a good audio interface and last but not least - can you suggest a not so expensive DAW that works well on the mac (and does not have the money making curse as Avid does)

thanks for reading my long post.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Cyberowen?feature=mhee