ADF: I take your point and it is fair (i.e buyer beware: no support from Avid.)

I present it this way, the 11 rack is like a good piece of vintage gear, i.e No support from the manufacturer, you may need to tweak/add to it to meet your needs but it has the mojo you need!

For myself I have not migrated to Protools 11 (still using 8) as I do not have the time to do much recording (or is that the skill to make recording what I do worth while? wink ) having said that I did download the standalone editor and my overall impression was - MEH - Big Deal!

Quite frankly never had problems booting up protools when I need the editor and actually prefered 11 Hack for my purposes smile

My 'convert' picked up his 11 rack via Ebay and also got Protools 8 and has no intention of using the software for the foreseeable future and is sticking with the standalone editor. When I spoke to him last, he was almost ready to pull the trigger on an Alto purchase! So I guess he still likes what he hears!

For my money and even with Avid's complete lack of support, the 11 rack is a hard piece of gear to beat for the price and simplicity of use. On Singtall's recommendations I purchased the EPSi and the ability to run ir's and the quality of tone I am now getting has killed any GAS I had for an AXE/Kemper or otherwise (yeah right!! wink ).

Edited by Rushian (07/28/14 07:17 AM)