There's no question that the 11R is a great piece of kit, but Bias is a different beast altogether; you can dive deep into every element that makes a guitar amp, well, a guitar amp. It's more customizable than any any modeler I've ever heard of. You truly can dial in whatever works best for your particular guitar, playing style, and tone requirements. That said, while it was easy to get the tones I liked for my guitars, I did have a fair amount of difficulty getting good sound for my guitarist's parts-bin SG. I think he has some weird pickups in there or something. We finally did dial in some good tones but it took a lot of fiddling.

Pairing Bias amps with JamUp is great for getting those live presets happening. There are so many pedals to choose from that it's hard to imagine not finding what you want, though it may cost you a bit for those in-app purchases... but still WAY cheaper than buying actual pedals.

I know it's entirely subjective because 'good tone' is such a personal thing but, really, whether you use the 11R or a DAW-based software or an iPad, as long as you're pleased with the results it's all good.

Finally, while it's no surprise that a Mac or PC has way more processing power than an iPad, it all comes down to what that power is used for... If you're running a DAW with 3 reverbs, a couple of delays, some chorus thing, a guitar amp modeler or two (or three or four, which I've done), a few softsynths, and a bunch of compressors, as well as tracking who knows how many audio & MIDI tracks, all that power is divided up for those many tasks. In my case, my iPads are running one thing only (aside from the OS, of course)... JamUp (when I play live). And there's plenty of grunt in an iPad to do that... significantly more processing power, in fact, than the 11R has. So if the 11R can manage - and sound great - there's no reason an iPad can't offer the same. It's all a matter of taste... what sounds best to you.