Recently, as a result of the messed up update to JamUp, I took out my 11R to make sure all was still working properly in case the JamUp issue wasn't resolved.

There is no question that the 11R sounds great - and I would be very happy to keep using it on gigs. But not only is my iPad setup smaller and lighter, I really think it sounds as good as the 11R for my presets.

Most of my JamUp patches use amps I've created in Bias, so I've been able to tweak them - amps and effects - to my liking. And since I do not have ProTools, all the work done in my 11R was done with the knobs on the unit. That's very tedious and time consuming.

I would think that with the standalone editor (which I've not yet installed) this would no longer be the case, but since I'm quite pleased with the way my 11R patches sounds, I'm not sure I'll bother changing things up.

I guess it all comes down to choosing what works best for each of us. For me, right now, that is the iPad / JamUp combination. But my 11R is not going anywhere and if I play a gig where an actual amp is required you can bet that the 11R will be my preamp choice, into the front of my Seymour Duncan combo.