1.whats your name?

Steve Cass

2.where do you live?

Chandler, AZ (greater Phoenix metro)

3.what kinda music you into, and or play?

Classic rock, blues, Contemporary Christian (covers a lot of styles from metal through that classic U2-type live sound)

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends?

In a band called Spilled (http://www.spilledmusic.com). I've also been a worship leader in the past and have played in church bands for years.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]?

Hmmm...I'm currently interested in TC Helicon's Voice Live Touch. It's intriguing to be able to have awesome harmonies and vocal effects at your fingertips live.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear?

'79 Les Paul 'The Paul' model. I also have a Lab Series L11 200W solid state amp I got around the same time.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have?

Probably have to say my PRS custom 22 Tobacco Sunburst.

8.Recording gear and or software?

PT11. I made the full switch to digital when PT7 came out. Before that, I was using a Tascam DM24 digital board into Tascam DA-78HR digital tape recorders.

9.Other gear worth a mention?

Just now am finishing up a guitar build from a kit. It's a Precision Guitar Kit '59 LP replica, and I've had a ton of fun building it! Lot of work, but well worth it.

See, I've been playing guitar forever, but I never really paid attention to how they tick until about 4 years ago. I decided that that I was going to build a guitar exactly to my specs and also be able to set it up to play according to my specs. It's a fun thought having total control over what I play. I'll post some pix, and will probably make a video summarizing the build progress.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now?

I've been eyeballing the 11R for several years, but could never justify getting one. But Sweetwater put together the bundle that I couldn't refuse: I am currently running PTLE 8.0.5, but I wanted to wait to upgrade until PT 11 came out (all native, new DAE engine, 64-bit and AAX, etc.) It's time! And now that I'm gigging I justified having a box I could use gigging and in the studio. PLUS, they through in the ground controller. How cool is that??

I was impressed by 11R, and so I knew it would be great to have. I just had reservations on how effective it would be for me live. But I've got it hooked up via the 4 wire method, and that answered a lot of my questions. I will still have more to come, for sure! But I can't wait to do more exploring.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me with your email address. Or look for solidwalnut on many forums, including the Avid DUC forum.
Trace Elliot Speed Twin C50 Amp
Vox Pathfinder Amp

PRS custom 22 TSB
Emerald Smoke Burst carved top