While I really like the sound of the 11R, my live setup is now a little valise case I built, inside of which are 2 iPad minis (one as a backup to the other) and 2 iRig Pro interfaces - again, the 2nd is a backup unit. Also included are the KMI SoftStep and the necessary KMI MIDI Expander, as well as assorted cables and a Lithium Polymer battery/charger unit to power the SoftStep. No need to plug anything into the wall while gigging.

The software I'm using is Positive Grid's JamUp, which, in my not so humble opinion, is far and away the best IOS guitar app out there. I've tried Amplitube for iPad, Ampkit and a couple of others. None come close to the sound you can get from JamUp. Many of my presets now include amps I designed in Bias (also from Positive Grid)... something that's easy to do and a lot of fun, actually.

Overall my experience with the iPad setup has been surprisingly good and I'm satisfied with my purchases. It must be said, though, that this is one rather expensive setup. Still, I try to be as efficient as possible where gear is concerned because I have so much of it to carry to and from every show. And this setup is small, lightweight, easy to setup and sounds really good.

Far from being an Apple guy - I've always shunned their walled garden - but it must be said that there is nothing in the tablet world, aside from iPads, that can do the job. For now, at least.