1.whats your name? - Mike

2.where do you live? -Suburb of Boston

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? - Blues, Funk, Blues with a tiny bit of jazz style, instrumental rock. Lately I've been listening to the Warren Haynes solo album, over and over and over. It's that good.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? -Just doing the home project studio thing. Trying to get enough songs together for an instrumental album. Presently I have a lot of two part songs... (I'm horrible writing bridges for some reason.) I play live when I get a chance to sit in with bands that need help. Very infrequently.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? -An entire rack full of Scholz Rockman gear. Just like when I saw them live in '87.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? I sell gear to buy new gear, so I don't have anything of age. I do have a Sears silvertone amp somewhere out there. I lent it to someone who lent it to someone else... haven't seen it in years. I think I'm gonna try and track it down. I got it at a garage sale in '86, it was old then. Great warm tube sound.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? - My new Wolfgang special & Ibanez AF155 Archtop. Very different guitars, but both equally inspiring.

8.Recording gear and or software? 11 & ProTools. SM'57.

9.Other gear worth a mention? I recently got a 5150iii 100 watt head & 2x12 [censored]. Totally and completely over the top for my needs. I have very little opportunity to actually play it. Now that I can I afford one, I just had to get it.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Honestly, I didn't (and still don't) like the installed presets (and that includes the Sweetwater presets). HOWEVER, when I started with a blank slate and started simple with amps, cabs & mics, that's when the magic happened. Avoiding the tendency to go overboard with effects is important. My original plan was to build my album in proTools with the eleven & a clean track. Then re-amp with my SM 57 mic'ing my 5150III cab, which sounds great, but seriously, lately when I start playing through the Eleven, I ask myself "is it even really necessary to re-amp? To my ears, the Eleven is killing it. I'm very happy.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Site pm