Well all im a musician I write alot of songs and use a fairly primitive Tascam recorder to get my ideas down and then bring them to the band, I am the primary songwriter as far as the actual music goes. I recently picked up a used Eleven Rack that came with a 6 space rack and included a furman power conditioner all for $400 bucks, couldnt resist that deal. Anyways ive been a tube snob for the last 4 or 5 years and really dont like digital amp modeling at all (Until the 11R) I have run and am still running a collection of randall MTS tube amps, Ive got a 100 Watt 3 chanel head, a 4 Channel Preamp, a 50 watt MTS combo and a 50 watt Mts Head.. These amps are revolutionary as they have completely modular preamp sections and have removable and swappable Pre amp modules that are available now and they can be modified by a professional to sound like any amp you could come up with vintage or modern, There are 2 businesses that are totally devoted to just doing mts mods jaded faith mods and salvation mods, the best part is you can have the tone and feel of a 3-4000$ amp in a modular form that costs 2-300$.. anyways thats my love for the randalls! I also have, love and cherish a Marshall TSL 100 3 Channel head and it just slays best marshall ive ever played! Back to the 11R now, this piece of gear has totally blown me away with its amazing tube like tones and it has the feel of a tube amp too which sets it apart from other modeling devices. I love the huge array of options when programming a patch and although i am relatively new at the process ive been able to make 3 banks of patches One for Metal, One for Rock and One for Blues.. I have given up on protools and plan on buying a self contained 8 or 16 track recorder. The 11R is currently sitting atop a Peavey Classic 50/50 power amp and is amazing though my randall warhead cab which is a bit over sized and loaded with Vintage 30's. The amp tones that I really love on the 11r are the vintage blues tones, any ole amp can do high gain metal but it takes a special amp to do that edge of breakup sweet sound... now I love the metal, rock and hard rock tones on there too.. anyways that me!
-matt page-