Originally Posted By: Birdie
I don't think the ultra is a piece of shit at all..I was looking for a way to get one when the Axe 2 deal literally fell into my lap..

I am merely saying that the Ultra is an entire generation (and more, now, especially with FW10 comping out) ahead of the Ultra, and that it is not a fair comparison between the 2. The Ultra is still in 2nd place as far as I am concerned, but if I can get a Kemper, that might change! smile

"...does not hold a fart in a bag compared to the Axe 2..."

As I said, pretty bold statement, especially if you suggest the Ultra is second only to the FX II.

And on top of that, the Ultra doesn't bring anything different to the table tonally than the Standard, all it really provides is the memory required to process a larger effects chain.

As for the Kempler, this is part of the problem with internet forums in general, people toss the Kempler in the same genre as the Ultra FX. They're not really the same type of device.

The true idea beyond the Kempler is to provide a touring musician, or a studio with a specific bands tonal needs in one small package. That is to say, if your band uses three amps, for clean, dirty, heavy, etc. instead of having to drag all three around, the Kempler allows you to record your exact tone and emulate it when needed.

The Axe FX is a straight up simulator. It's a tone creator. It's design is to provide you with various tone stacks and large amounts of effect pedal variety.

One is designed to be your entire rig, the other, a compliment.