I've been looking hard into the 11R (now that the new POD HD500 is out) and at first was going to save up for an AXE FX Ultra. Currently I have the VG-99 in my studio and I know that a lot of VG users are a bit dismayed since Roland didn't come out with any upgrades for the unit and the cabs seem to come up a bit short while their guitar modeling seems to be good. (However, the new Variax MKII maybe be the new one to beat!)

My dilemma is this:

1. Do I invest in the 11R although it won't do dual amps (right?) and doesn't have as many cabs etc., as the Axe FX (correct)?

2. Save the $$$ and get the POD HD500 and have a newer nice piece that I can take with me. Then pick up the Variax MKII and run together.

3. Don't get either... work with what I have (VG-99) in the studio, wait for the NEW Axe FX (down the road for sure), and pick up a small modeling amp like the VOX VT30 or the new VT 40 + coming out soon.

Since I'm not currently playing live but in the middle of producing my songs and such, I REALLY want something stellar for the studio (first). Perhaps throw a mic on the VOX VT amp and cut tracks that way and THEN add the cabs and FX, or use ONLY the guitar models on the VG-99 and then Guitar Rig 4, Amplitube 3, and the like.

As a side note... I would also like to not be confined to playing my electrics in my small home studio only so the idea of something I could jam with like in my living room and then pickup a small PA to run through is another factor in the game!

Any tips or insight would be most appreciated!

SEA