Originally Posted By: Justin
Guys here's my view. We're all friends here. Let's live and let live without any personal attacks eh? Life's too short my brothers!

This site is free, open and non-commercial for 2 reasons - 1 is legal, I don't need Avid coming after me because it is their product and intellectual property fortunately they have no incentive to do so, 2 is because I truly believe in online communities as a resource for folks to help eachother out. I don't really have a problem with Singtall accepting donations for presets on the forum, especially because they are just that - donations. But I don't have the desire to become a pay-service.

Also I don't have the time or ability to filter any "paid" presets that make their way onto this site from another site,, Sweetwater presets are the only exception and, as you know, they are passed around via email regardless of Sweetwater's policies. I really do this mostly to stay within their good graces as they could provide me with ad revenue somewhere down the line.

Online communities are a great thing - people helping people for free. I realize Singtall's time is worth something, but given there are over 1,000 user submitted free presets on the site - I don't see a huge potential for making money.  Have fun with your 11r and thanks for being valued members of our forum.

Amen to that, thank you Justin!