my intention was not to "out" someone as much as make a small point. i was not going to mention any names. i even thought that it was unintentional on behalf of the user.

really, i need no pat on the back from someone saying my presets are great, or that they used my preset to make another one. i know who i am and what i have contributed to the eleven rack presets.

i ENCOURAGE people to tweak those presets and help us all out with new better presets!

mrnomad is a cool guy and i have no problem with him. he had no problem coming to me and making sure i had no hard feelings. but like i just said, it was just an oversite not mentioning the preset he drew from. i have a valid reason for asking everyone to name the preset they started with.

now get this everybody: i don't care to have my name mentioned when you post a preset (that may be a tweaked version of one of my presets); but mention the preset you originally used as a starting point.

the reason why i ask for this can be explained by this example: i make a preset called "jcm800". i later tweak it and change the name to "JCMmmmm". i use that preset to make a preset for someone else and name the preset "Judas Priest". a year later i might use that preset to make "Singtall Krunch". then i use that preset to make several others. all of this information is very useful to me as a preset maker.

as you learn to reference which presets are used to make other presets, you also start to see a pattern in which amp model works best for certain styles. you can also see which amp model most easily covers the most ground....and the list goes on.

for the members of this forum that were outraged by me talking about this subject in the way that i did, hopefully this explanation will shed some light on my madness. lol.

i apologize for offending anyone. i should have given a better explanation of why i had a problem with the way presets are posted.

X-Mann, you have been part of my collaboration and tweaking process and have witnessed the way i work with other people on presets for the last 3 years.....certainly you can understand what i'm trying to do here. it has always been an unspoken rule that we all mention what preset we used to get to where we are. some mention the author to honor them, which i do also, but i use the information on a more scientific level....which is how we arrived at the Singtall superpack to begin with.

my apologies again to everyone.

Ross aka Singtall

Edited by singtall (12/29/12 04:29 PM)