Last night I plugged in for a bit to give a second pass to the presets. The CarvinBFG patch is really growing on me for lead work. I did some tweaking to the Humans Being for more a rhythm tone and the BFG for a lead sound - both are going to hit the regular preset rotation with my band.

Seriously - the modded head folder has some simply OUTSTANDING presets/tones! Some small tweaks for your gear and you're rawkin!!! If they are more gain than you play with, experiment with where the best place is to lower the gain (Gain, Volume, Boost) and tweak the EQ to taste.

Ross - just out of curiosity - do you have some guidance on what parameter to adjust if you want the gain lowered? I know on some amp models (the Dual Rec comes to mind) as you sweep the gain control you can get dramatically different tones. On those presets simply lowering the Gain won't result in the "same tone just less gain" but an overall different sound - which may/may not be a good thing. I am certainly not asking that you write some commentary on each preset to guide us on your advice to lower gain - just wondering. I will let my ears guide me... but I know you put considerable effort into the strategy for crafting each preset. That provides you different insight as to how to modify them, if needed.

... just to provide a little backstory to my question - I just got a P-90 loaded Gibson last weekend. These tones sound pretty awesome - but as they're also pretty high gain I have a considerable amount of hum/noise. In trying to go through and reduce the gain some to control the hum/noise I experienced that some patches were much easier to modify than others. I really like the core tone of the presets so I want to preserve that as much as possible, truly just less gain. That's where my question comes from.

Edited by dmock66 (12/13/12 10:45 AM)
Atomic AmpliFIRE, Avid 11R, Franklin ProDrive, Franklin F-Plex Delay, Line 6 M9