Check out this link :

Sweetwater Article

Now it would seem to ME that Avid would be the ones approaching artists to create presets for them and provide them for everyone... I mean I get the whole marketing ploy on Sweetwaters part, but really ?

So my question is to anyone who has purchased from Sweetwater - do you somehow have access to any new presets that may come out or are you SOL on that? I would imagine you could contact them and go hey WTF I want the new artist presets...

I really would love to hear/see Satriani's of course as well as the others they say have created or WILL BE creating.

Just found it interesting... I mean is Sweetwater making that much profit off the 11R? The way they shroud the artist presets in such secrecy you'd think the only product they sell and make money on is the 11R... LOL smile It would be different if they were just outstanding presets and I could see why then, but I didn't find them any more impressive than the factory presets really. I think though with the newer ones, they may stand a better shot at being good since the 11R has been out for a while now?

The funniest thing is I WANTED to buy mine from Sweetwater but didn't want to wait 3 months to get one.

Oh the injustice! smile