Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29024 - 03/08/13 01:46 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: FiZRack]
tomc3084 Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: FiZRack
Originally Posted By: tomc3084
I agree we should get back to the subject. We are not going to get anywhere arguing. If I offended anyone I apologize.

As do I... I am sorry.

On an interesting side note, we both have the exact same registration date. What are the odds?

That's crazy, I never noticed that until now.

#29025 - 03/08/13 02:06 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: tomc3084]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
NICCCEE!!! Now that's more like it guys!!

Different eyes see different things
Different hearts beat on different strings
But there are times
For you and me, when all such things agree

#29041 - 03/08/13 05:44 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: Rushian]
tomc3084 Offline
advanced member

Got the Axe FX2 a couple hours ago and this thing is amazing, it is so much better than I could have hoped for

#29050 - 03/08/13 09:18 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: tomc3084]
jvstrat Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: tomc3084
Got the Axe FX2 a couple hours ago and this thing is amazing, it is so much better than I could have hoped for

I knew you would like it.

#46392 - 09/15/17 06:47 AM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: CaryDad]
Jean G Offline

Hello Guys,
I'm new with 11rack. One question. I want to output my Roland GR55 and use it truth Elevenrack to go to my Protools. Should I use the guitar input jack of eleven rack from my guitar output of the Roland GR-55?
Thank's
JG

#46393 - 09/19/17 09:03 AM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: FiZRack]
lespauled Online   content
advanced member

Originally Posted By: FiZRack

The Kempler is another awesome product, but again, for the difference in price just doesn't make sense.

The Kemper is really a different type of product. I has effects, etc., but it's mainly an amp profiler. The price may seem high, at first, but when you consider it has all other amps in it, it's possibly the cheapest amp head you'll ever buy. It's also, pretty much, future proof. Any new amp comes out, there will be a profile for it in a couple of days.

I've used many modelers for many years. I bought the Kemper, and quickly realized that modelers give you a bit of leeway, by covering your mistakes, etc. The Kemper acts like a real amp. That's why when some people move to a real amp, they sound horrible. It took me a couple of days to break any bad habits I had that modelers would cover.

#46404 - 10/23/17 02:20 AM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: CaryDad]
my11usr Offline

Originally Posted By: CaryDad
<snip>
Had...a lot of modelers. HD500, Kemper(2), 11R, GSP1101, assorted other line6 stuff, tonelab, all the way back to a little zoom box that you stuck on your strap…going back to my Seattle days. Pretty sure if you work at it you can get a workable tone out of any other them. I’ll be working the eleven rack at this point.

Thanks to sangtall and benoni and the rest of the patch masters out there. Really too many to choose from. Reminds me of the tons of Kemper rigs I had-but at least you can just try these patches without a bunch of stick swapping and reboots. Sorry for the rambling.
Rock on!

I know its an old post and i,m not a regular around here but to the O.P...no need to apologise as you certainly were not rambling.Very informative post.
The fact that your thread created a stir is proof positive to me that the 11R punches above its weight.
To me there is just enough choice in the 11R ….not too much as to cause "option paralysis"

#46409 - 10/31/17 08:01 AM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: my11usr]
drsts Offline
advanced member

Loc: maryville, tn
had a kemper, sold it. had and played live with an axe fx 2 and was asked to go to playing through an amp, sold it. haven't missed either and now never go on fractal site to look for updates etc. nothing i have ever tried beats the evh brown sound preset on the 11r. period. now i play through a moded ac10c1 and love that sound. for messing around, in seem to never change the knob of the brown sound preset. its just heaven sent to me.

#46410 - 10/31/17 09:28 AM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: drsts]
lespauled Online   content
advanced member

I respectfully disagree. If you had the Kemper, why didn't you just profile the brown sound? You can tweak it to be better than the original, clarity, pick attack, etc.

#46411 - 10/31/17 11:41 AM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: lespauled]
drsts Offline
advanced member

Loc: maryville, tn
i liked the axe fx 2 better than the kemper, hands down. i could tone match the just the same on the axe. too lazy i guess. just my experience.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4