Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9269 - 07/11/11 07:04 AM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: Culpster]
mikefont Offline
veteran member

Loc: H-Town
Hey Culpster,

I see that I'm a bit late in this response, but those look AWESOME! Great job bro!

#9333 - 07/13/11 08:27 PM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: mikefont]
dnumde Offline

I wonder if anyone has access to shops that can print these incredible labels with magnetic backing. It'll be kickass to have a set of these!

Edited by dnumde (07/13/11 08:27 PM)

#9336 - 07/14/11 06:10 AM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: dnumde]
mikefont Offline
veteran member

Loc: H-Town
Originally Posted By: dnumde
I wonder if anyone has access to shops that can print these incredible labels with magnetic backing. It'll be kickass to have a set of these!

I probably shouldn't open up this can of worms, but I am the production manager for a screen printing company. I was thinking about making magnetic labels with these JUST LIKE you mentioned!

It's possible that I could arrange to have some made up, but I would either have to do it on the side without any prying eyes looking around, or get the CEO's approval to do them...so I cannot promise anything.
BUT....I'll see if it can be done. He's generally pretty cool at letting me do one off kinda stuff for personal use. But to do a bunch of them for free to share with everyone here, he might squash that request and say no. Now if I was to purchase the magnetic material and the label stock, then he probably wouldn't have a problem with it...but now were talkin out of pocket money shocked

Edited by mikefont (07/14/11 06:12 AM)

#9339 - 07/14/11 06:33 AM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: mikefont]
CaryDad Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I made some for my axe-fx. Magnetic sheets that will run through an ink jet. Turns out my 40+ eyes can't see the labels in the dimm light, so I made larger text out of glow-in-the-dark injet paper. Sort of messes with the cool graphics mojo, but they are more useable now. Bottom line-you can make what you want-or there are folks that sell them. Kicktags or someting like that.

The sheets are a bit thick and somewhat of a pain to get fed. The other end-because they arent THAT thick, they don't stick on there quite as well as I would like. A little thin double stick tape would fix that, but i havent gotten around to it yet.

The real work is getting the template made so you can paste your own text/graphics/whatever onto the labels you want. Someone had done that on the axe forum, so it was all downhill from there. I doubt I would have had the patience otherwise(not that cutting all of those out was enjoyable!)

#9347 - 07/14/11 07:47 PM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: mikefont]
dnumde Offline

Originally Posted By: mikefont
[quote=dnumde]
It's possible that I could arrange to have some made up, but I would either have to do it on the side without any prying eyes looking around, or get the CEO's approval to do them...so I cannot promise anything.
BUT....I'll see if it can be done. He's generally pretty cool at letting me do one off kinda stuff for personal use. But to do a bunch of them for free to share with everyone here, he might squash that request and say no. Now if I was to purchase the magnetic material and the label stock, then he probably wouldn't have a problem with it...but now were talkin out of pocket money shocked

Hey Mike, I understand your position. May I suggest this,

- For those interested, we submit our names into a thread

- Set a cut-off date *and be firm about it!*

- Pool in the dough required for printing and materials

- Settle our shipping through you, and everyone chips in extra money for your time, effort and gas to post it out

- I also suggest that Culpster gets a free set of these labels, with the costs split between all of us who's ordering. That should be very manageable and as a way of saying thank you to him for the brilliant designs.

This way, you may be able to propose the idea to your CEO that it's a one off. Cover costs and hopefully he's cool. I would rather that you seek approval than do it on the sly or after hours, not too good if you get into trouble doing this for us.

If he gives the green light, then we can begin discussing on what labels to use and stuff like that smile

I would like to make this clear, that in no way it is an obligation for you to fulfill this for us. Suggestions or improvements if anyone's keen!

#9352 - 07/15/11 01:43 AM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: mikefont]
Culpster Offline
advanced member

Loc: Ohio
OK.........Final version.
You should be able to right click and save as. ( First click on the thumbnail, then enlarge on the imageshack website. Then right click and save )
I have sized them accordingly, but that was done in Photoshop.
Best to print out a copy first, you may have to slightly reduce size, and I do me slightly reduce. Anyone can use these as they see fit.(Within reason of course) I would love the magnetic idea if it goes through.
Let me know I can provide the RGB files if needed for screen printing.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hope everyone enjoys, sorry it took so long. I have had alot of tunes to learn for the new band, patches to create, blah, blah, blah...You all know the drill. Send some pics of ideas that you used to utilize these. That would be cool to see.

Edited by Culpster (07/15/11 01:54 AM)

#9355 - 07/15/11 05:42 AM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: Culpster]
CaryDad Offline

These are really nice. I'd pay for a set.

#9453 - 07/19/11 05:08 PM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: CaryDad]
druryja Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Great Job with those !! Be nice to have those for the Ground Control Pro ....

You probably could Market those !!!

Jim,

#9455 - 07/19/11 05:38 PM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: druryja]
Culpster Offline
advanced member

Loc: Ohio
Unfortunately,
I don't have a Ground control that I could use to make the correct measurements and see how the 11r works with it. If anybody would like to donate the $499 pedal to me, I would gladly make you a set of $10 stickers in trade LOL. I might even take them and have them printed on magnetic paper to exceed your expectations. <sarcasm>Just send me an email and I'll get started on 'em <sarcasm>

Seriously, If there are enough takers and someone can get the dimensions required. I could maybe charge $10.00 for the entire set and buy the pedal. Somehow, I doubt that would work.
But an idea all the same. I think that I could make a set that many would find pretty cool.

#9463 - 07/20/11 08:10 AM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: Culpster]
CaryDad Offline

Printed these out on some glow in the dark paper that I had left over from the AXE labels. So the "white" parts glow. Would be even cooler if the yellow text was "white" so nothing printed there either-makes the glow effect more prounounced. These look just sick on the pedalboard. I'll grab a pic and upload it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >