Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9116 - 07/03/11 03:33 PM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: Jase2112]
Culpster Offline
advanced member

Loc: Ohio
Saw that one also. Was not impressed with the options, that's why I made my own. Once I have this 100%, those using the 11prom can have mine for free.

#9128 - 07/04/11 11:08 AM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: Culpster]
Culpster Offline
advanced member

Still nobody can verify the labels are correct? My midi cables don't show until the 7th. If I can get these verified, I could be send out to those requested in a day or 2.

#9153 - 07/05/11 07:21 AM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: ]
Culpster Offline
advanced member

How about Rig 1, 2, 3, 4? I always think of a bank as a group of 4 rigs? However, that might be a product of past modeling experience.

#9180 - 07/06/11 11:22 AM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: ]
Culpster Offline
advanced member

I'm on vacation next week and should be finalizing the file and sending out.

#9186 - 07/06/11 08:20 PM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: Culpster]
dnumde Offline

I think it's a brilliant design Culpster! Hopefully I'm not too late to the discussion, if you don't mind a couple of inputs of course.

For pedal no. 5, which says Wah. You might wanna put Wah on the top half, and the lower half to read Multi-FX. This is in accordance to the latest 11PROM v1.3, since when Wah is disengaged....the exp pedal will be functioning as a Multi-FX control.

I second the idea of labeling Rig 1 to 4, which is generic but still useful for everyone.

#9229 - 07/08/11 12:40 PM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: dnumde]
Culpster Offline
advanced member

Good Point, Changes are being made

#9232 - 07/08/11 03:11 PM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: ]
Culpster Offline
advanced member

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last chance to look it over. This is the final version. Give some thumbs up if everything is covered. I will adjust size tomorrow and send the file out if everybody is alright with the final version.

#9246 - 07/10/11 07:08 AM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: ]
aussiebail Offline
veteran member

I have been thinking about this a lot lately as well. Why doesnt Avid make a controller specifically for the 11r? I would love to see an orange and black controller that looks just like the 11r. I am not that familiar with the behrenger controller and the design above looks great, but I am sure that if avid put the time into it, they could make a Controller that worked for the 11rack rather than trying to rework an existing pedal. I would love for someone to create a page for us to vote on it so Avid could see what we want/need. After seeing the release of the effects update, they do listen to us.

#9249 - 07/10/11 02:33 PM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: aussiebail]
moff40 Offline
advanced member

Loc: British Columbia Canada
I've said the same thing. Something that maps perfectly to the functions of the 11R, without having to do a tap dance to get there...

It should have:

Switches - all silver "stomp-style" like GCP, NOT silent switches like the FCB:
4 for patch changes
8 for stomps (each capable of transmitting multiple CCs)
2 for bank up/down
4 for relay switching (for amp switching)

It should also have 2 expression pedals, one with toe switch for wah (or at least the capability to support this as a minimum).

A large alphanumeric display (this is possible even without two-way communications, it would just need to be manually programmed, or maybe with a graphical editor). If 2-way comms becomes possible, then a tuner would be great, but if not, I have no problem reading a tuner in my rack.

The connections panel should include MIDI in\out jacks, 4 relay switch jacks, 2 extra expression pedal jacks (over and above any volume\wah\toe switch capability noted above), to accommodate other switching or multi-FX control.

Obviously, all users won't use all of those functions or capabilities at once, but many of us would certainly use 75-80% of them, and all of us in different combinations. The simple fact that I COULD do everything from one controller would be a godsend.

Fractal has a board for their product, and it might be the answer for 11R users looking for more than the FCB1010 or the GCP offers, but won't break the bank like a Bradshaw. It seems to be more in line, price-wise, with the Liquid Foot Pro.

And while I'm on the topic of the Fractal controller, am I the only one who sees a striking similarity between the Fractal MFC-101 and the now discontinued Axess FX-1 (it even sounds similar to AxeFX)? Makes me wonder if the guy from Axess Electronics sold to Fractal, or perhaps shut down his own operations in order to design for Fractal?

The FCB is about $150, the GCP about $400, and Liquid Foot Pro\Fractal MFC-101 ~$800. I'd happily pay a little bit more for a pedal that would do everything I could want - say $900 without expression pedals or $950 with them.

Edited by moff40 (07/10/11 02:55 PM)
Ibanez RG550
Variax 500
Takamine F-400SEL 12-string
Yamaha APX-6L

Warwick Bass Endorsing Artist:
4&5 string Corvettes

Mesa, Marshall, and Ampeg amps
2 x Avid Eleven Racks

#9253 - 07/10/11 05:54 PM Re: Question for 11prom users [Re: moff40]
aussiebail Offline
veteran member

Yea plug n play! I know there would be more involved, but I think the face plate of the 11r would be design of the controller. Switch out the buttons for stomp switches. 2 pedals for sure. 1 for overall volume and switchable for other parameters, the 2nd for the wah and switchable for adding effects. Having a lockout feature on the volume pedal would be great too.

I'm going to have to get serious about this and add it to my family's nightly prayers....Certainly he will answer my kids prayers!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >