Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#11818 - 10/14/11 09:43 AM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: TLTD]
ashasha Offline
advanced member

Have we ever gotten anyone from the development team to commit one way or the other on this issue?

It's not a huge deal breaker for me, but I use mine to play most of the time and the only time that I really fire up PT is just to import a preset. I don't hate PT, but it's an extremely cludgy way to do things for me.

I'd just like to know for certain one way or the other.

#11836 - 10/15/11 11:25 AM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: FNM82]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
Originally Posted By: FNM82
Hello guys!This is my first post and I'm really excited to be here.Also registered and voted for the standalone editor.Hope it will happen.

Hey FNM82!!

Welcome to the group, it's good to have you as a member and thank you for voting on this, I hope it will happen too! smile

#11837 - 10/15/11 11:42 AM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: Str@man]
MRJSTUDIOS Offline
advanced member

Hey guys, I've voted a LONG time ago now, but I haven't been following this stuff very closely at all...

Is there any sort of inkling from AVID that ANY of the things we can vote on at all will be implemented, and what might be if they do put out a patch?

Also, is there a timetable for the voting? Does it 'end' at some point and will they then 'evaluate the responses' etc. etc.?

#11907 - 10/17/11 04:32 PM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: MRJSTUDIOS]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
Originally Posted By: MRJSTUDIOS
Hey guys, I've voted a LONG time ago now, but I haven't been following this stuff very closely at all...

Is there any sort of inkling from AVID that ANY of the things we can vote on at all will be implemented, and what might be if they do put out a patch?

Also, is there a timetable for the voting? Does it 'end' at some point and will they then 'evaluate the responses' etc. etc.?

Hey Bro!

Those are some great questions, but it doesn't look like any of us have any answers for this - Hey Chris (The CHIMP), I know you check in every so often, can you help a bunch of bewildered 11 Rackers out??

#11918 - 10/17/11 05:36 PM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: ashasha]
flynv Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: ashasha
I've been working with AVID systems since 1992. There is almost absolutely zero chance of them releasing a standalone editor. It would be the first time they ever got away from proprietary type of business model that has served their business model very, very well over the years. Of course I am aware of ProTools now being ASIO and it's opened up which would almost give me a glimmer of hope, but the difference is that by doing that they are opening up more hardware to ProTools, so it's almost like they are getting more ProTools users. But with 11R they've already got you stuck in PT.

If it happens it will be a 3rd party project and at this point I'm not sure if anyone is interested enough to pursue it. It'd be a lot of work for what is still a pretty niche audience.

Sure wish I knew how to do it though.

Have it from a "very reliable" source there was someone working on a stand alone. They were shut down with extreme predigest. Any s/A editor will have to e based on proprietary info......

#11966 - 10/19/11 12:38 PM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: flynv]
MLE Offline

Stand alone has been number one for some time. You are looking at all avid products. Go to the site, click on eleven rack , then on popular.

#13194 - 11/15/11 11:55 AM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: MLE]
jaime136 Offline

I understand the reluctance to give out the proprietary code that would be required to put an editor together. So, that pretty much shuts down any chance of an independent creating an editor.

I also understand the business model of wanting to keep as many people locked into PT as possible. But, the fact of the matter is, my old dual-core laptop with a 5400 rpm internal drive and no firewire is basically useless when it comes to using PT extensively. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat.

However, what if Avid set up some kind of web-based applet? They would control the code, the GUI would match the "official" one, and they could even charge (grrr) a small amount for it.

Programmer guys: would something like this be possible?

Edited: To say that I did vote on Ideascale months ago!

Edited by jaime136 (11/15/11 12:00 PM)
Edit Reason: To say that I voted.

#17977 - 04/07/12 03:47 PM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: jaime136]
magicaxeman Offline

Loc: Essex, UK
Even just drag and drop would make a huge difference to making it easy to order your patches.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7