Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#11770 - 10/12/11 04:40 PM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: DRTone]
flynv Offline
advanced member

I think if this was going to happen it would have long ago.

As much as I love mine I'm considering swapping it for an HD-500. I get the pedalboard included that way. I'm back to carrying an amp, head(11R), and pedalboard. That's part of what I was trying to get away from. The presets are easy enough to adjust on the fly but, if you want to download and insert you need to run PT. Which so far runs so I'm OK there.

#11793 - 10/13/11 02:18 PM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: DRTone]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
Originally Posted By: DRTone
Originally Posted By: Str@man
Hey I see that our good Doctor, DRTone, voted too, I will send your name to the AMA (American MUSIC Academy) for consideration Doc.

smile

Hehe...sorry, finally got around to registering for the feature site. You're a great champion for this feature Str@man! Someday...

DR

Hey Brother, better late than never grin

I'm "staying the course" on this one man!!

Thanks for your vote.

Anyone that has not voted on this, would you please consider going to the following URL and doing so:

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/25603-3779#

Edited by Str@man (10/13/11 02:20 PM)

#11794 - 10/13/11 02:27 PM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: flynv]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: flynv
I think if this was going to happen it would have long ago.

As much as I love mine I'm considering swapping it for an HD-500. I get the pedalboard included that way. I'm back to carrying an amp, head(11R), and pedalboard. That's part of what I was trying to get away from. The presets are easy enough to adjust on the fly but, if you want to download and insert you need to run PT. Which so far runs so I'm OK there.

Hey flynv!

You may be right my friend, but I'm going to keep pluggin' away at it smile

I see your point about being back to lugging all that gear around again - I just play as a hobby here at home so I'm good on that issue at least.

If I could AFFORD an HD 500 I'd have one of those too (but don't tell the Mrs. I said that) whistle whistle wink

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/25603-3779#

#11798 - 10/13/11 03:45 PM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: Str@man]
TheJudge Offline
advanced member

Loc: Florida
voted

#11799 - 10/13/11 04:02 PM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: TheJudge]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: TheJudge
voted

You the man!!!!! cool grin

Thanks!!!

#11805 - 10/13/11 09:27 PM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: Str@man]
ashasha Offline
advanced member

I've been working with AVID systems since 1992. There is almost absolutely zero chance of them releasing a standalone editor. It would be the first time they ever got away from proprietary type of business model that has served their business model very, very well over the years. Of course I am aware of ProTools now being ASIO and it's opened up which would almost give me a glimmer of hope, but the difference is that by doing that they are opening up more hardware to ProTools, so it's almost like they are getting more ProTools users. But with 11R they've already got you stuck in PT.

If it happens it will be a 3rd party project and at this point I'm not sure if anyone is interested enough to pursue it. It'd be a lot of work for what is still a pretty niche audience.

Sure wish I knew how to do it though.

#11809 - 10/14/11 12:41 AM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: ashasha]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: ashasha
I've been working with AVID systems since 1992. There is almost absolutely zero chance of them releasing a standalone editor. It would be the first time they ever got away from proprietary type of business model that has served their business model very, very well over the years. Of course I am aware of ProTools now being ASIO and it's opened up which would almost give me a glimmer of hope, but the difference is that by doing that they are opening up more hardware to ProTools, so it's almost like they are getting more ProTools users. But with 11R they've already got you stuck in PT.

If it happens it will be a 3rd party project and at this point I'm not sure if anyone is interested enough to pursue it. It'd be a lot of work for what is still a pretty niche audience.

Hey Man!

Thanks for the info, and unfortunately you may be right, but I'm not willing to give up on the idea just yet blush

Thanks again!!

#11815 - 10/14/11 08:40 AM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: ashasha]
mikefont Offline
veteran member

Loc: H-Town
Originally Posted By: ashasha

I'm not so sure in this instance, especially since (as you've pointed out) PT9 now makes it so that your no longer required to have a piece of their hardware connected to your computer to run it. It may not be related at all, but I think that a stand alone editor for THEIR own piece of hardware would be SOOO easy to implement. IMO Avid needs to recognizes this as a necessary upgrade! It's not a deal killer by any means, but cmon Avid...how hard could it be?????

Edited by mikefont (10/14/11 08:49 AM)

#11816 - 10/14/11 09:04 AM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: mikefont]
FNM82 Offline

Loc: Athens,Greece
Hello guys!This is my first post and I'm really excited to be here.Also registered and voted for the standalone editor.Hope it will happen.

#11817 - 10/14/11 09:27 AM Re: Standalone Eleven Rack Editor [Re: FNM82]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
It'll happen, they are just waay behind other modelers, DAWs, etc; as usual. With PT9 you can't be forced into using PT. Soon most people will have most presets the use stored and use a different program than PT so they will probably sell it as it's own thing or put it out to keep us around to buy more expansion packs. Otherwise tons of people will move on to another system/modeler/all in one unit. Or not lol. I just like to have faith. Seems like the Eleven Rack itself shows us Avid's willing to change. Media Composer still sucks but I run it on my PC laptop with better results than the systems I'm training on that cost waay too much.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >