Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#7144 - 04/20/11 04:30 PM Importing the tfx files not working
paulf Offline

Hi,
I have read many topics about importing the tfx presets for eleven rack but none work. I have downloaded many files but none can be imported into my eleven rack software. There are no dashes or signs after and befor the .tfx. I used the command "import setting in protools Eleven Rack window, but I always get the message: "The selected file is not a valid settings file for the plug-in.".
I'm on mac OSX 10.6.6 and Protools 9.02. I've tried dowloading with safari firefor and google chrome.
Can any body give me a hint.

Thanks
Paul

#7145 - 04/20/11 05:02 PM Re: Importing the tfx files not working [Re: paulf]
JETTEMAUS Offline

Not sure about how this works w. mac OSX. But when you are on the rig page that corresponds with the current rig shown on the front of the 11R what happens when you click the name of the actual rig? (click on "Bolder Axe" for example) You should get the drop down option to "load rigs from computer". Click that and you should be able to see the list of .tfx files to choose from. After you select the .tfx file it should show up on the front of the 11R.

I am assuming that you are attempting to import into the "user editable" rigs vs the factory preets.

#7146 - 04/20/11 05:20 PM Re: Importing the tfx files not working [Re: JETTEMAUS]
Ronin Offline

Originally Posted By: JETTEMAUS
Not sure about how this works w. mac OSX. But when you are on the rig page that corresponds with the current rig shown on the front of the 11R what happens when you click the name of the actual rig? (click on "Bolder Axe" for example) You should get the drop down option to "load rigs from computer". Click that and you should be able to see the list of .tfx files to choose from. After you select the .tfx file it should show up on the front of the 11R.

I am assuming that you are attempting to import into the "user editable" rigs vs the factory preets.

I'm not in front of my Mac, but that is the way you do it.

#7153 - 04/21/11 01:08 AM Re: Importing the tfx files not working [Re: Ronin]
paulf Offline

Thanks for your reply, this was the solution. Everythig is working.

#7157 - 04/21/11 05:46 AM Re: Importing the tfx files not working [Re: paulf]
JETTEMAUS Offline

Glad to hear it worked.
Enjoy the .tfx presets, most of them are vastly superior to the presets that come factory installed.

#21958 - 08/25/12 09:22 AM 11with headphones [Re: paulf]
ANDERSON312 Offline

ok so i got pro tools last night and the rig control window has opened things up alot. However, what im curious about is this. Ive downloaded 3 or 4 presets and was wondering if these were set up while monitoring with powered speaker or poweramp with cab. I have neither right now and im limited to headphone use right now. Any tricks for helping out with overall tonal quality?
I messed around with the preset H1 (metal spread) and im pretty comfortable with the way it sounds, and would like some other compareable type patches to improv ove backing tracks. If anyone has got advice or tips im all ears.
By the way just want to say that the eleven rack being tracked in pro tools is absolutely phenomenal. Ive been a true and tried adobe audition user for 10 years now all the way back when it was cool edit pro, and last time i used it was with a zoom g9.2tt, and what i heard on playback frustrated the living hell out of me because everything i had tracked was coming back so thick and there was some severe dynamic issues.............so after imroving over the gilmourish.com backing track "slow blues" this morning and listening to playback i knew i had made the best musical gear investment ever.
Hopefully soon enough i will get something done here and post so everyone can observe what im doing and what they think can make it better.
Thanks
Adam

#21967 - 08/25/12 01:29 PM Re: 11with headphones [Re: ANDERSON312]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
all of my presets were done with headphones.