Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46721 - 02/20/20 04:33 PM Singtall still loving the eleven rack
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
that's right, I still love it! no matter how many other modelers i own i keep coming back the the 11R. so much good tone available with so few amp models. and no other model touches the feel of the 11R mk IIc amp model. something so 3D about it. just wanted to stop by and say that. carry on...

#46722 - 02/25/20 01:07 PM Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack [Re: singtall]
DonaldR Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Glad to see you're still using your 11R.

I'm still loving mine and use it every day. Might go for an Headrush Gigboard for:
- More portability (fitting in my gigbag)
- Looper
- IR loader
- Easier EQ editing
- Not too expensive
(but I will hate having to deal with an external power supply)

#46724 - 02/28/20 02:29 PM Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack [Re: DonaldR]
jesling Offline
advanced member

Loc: Florida Panhandle / Chicago
I'm still using my 11R every week and loving it. I wouldn't mind trying some newer gear, but can't justify spending the money right now.

#46726 - 03/01/20 08:00 AM Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack [Re: jesling]
alphasports Offline

Loc: Montreal CAN
Still love mine, amazed at the great tones. I just ordered a Positive Grid Spark as a "jam amp", will see how that goes...

#46727 - 03/10/20 01:22 PM Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack [Re: alphasports]
DonaldR Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
@singtall: did you get the chance to try Headrush Pedalboard/Gigboard?

#46729 - 04/22/20 10:43 AM Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack [Re: DonaldR]
alphasports Offline

Loc: Montreal CAN
Still using mine every day, love it

#46730 - 05/07/20 05:19 PM Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack [Re: alphasports]
Hal Offline

Hey Ross! Yes I've had mine for 10 years and its still a great interface. Like you I have other interfaces but the 11R is easy to use and produces some really good tones. You just have to spend the time.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get a 11R Catalina driver written. Head against a brick wall.... I have two frozen Macs now to support some stuff. I hate having to move on just because shinny new object is released. Like the 11R my other devices are proven workhorses that still offer great value.

Anyway I know you worked on tool to migrate presets to I think the headrush. I'm interested in understanding what you learned. Like you I'm finding it to be a pain to migrate patches between all my interfaces. It would be great to connect with you about some of my thoughts.

Edited by Hal (05/07/20 05:26 PM)

#46734 - 06/01/20 07:53 AM Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack [Re: Hal]
DavidTCIC Offline

i'm still sticking to mine because i thinks it sounds great and i already learnt how to get my tones right with it. Noise gate and the cabs are the weakest points of the 11R, but i am unaffected since i use it as a preamp into a preamp-bypassed line 6 2x12 combo with my fav speakers in it. Still creating. I figured out i am waiting for a new groundbreaking modelling technology in a rack format to jump the ship.

#46736 - 06/21/20 10:13 AM Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack [Re: DavidTCIC]
Wannabe Offline
advanced member

Loc: Peoria, AZ.
I have since purchased the Headrush pedalboard.
It has lots of little tricks and fancy things that I will never use. Now - you can add IRs and stuff like that, so I do use that to record directly into the recording board. But in a live setting, the sound isn't any better than the 11R. I still play every week with my 11R and the band. It just sounds more true. I have a behringer pedal system that controls it in a live setting. Haven't messed with this for years.
I have also purchased the Mooer GE200. I like this little guy. The sounds are really solid, and it is compact, robust and easy to use. If I could go back in time, I would buy this little guy and not buy the $1000 Headrush.
But I am still 11R - every week of my life.

#46738 - 06/30/20 07:11 AM Re: Singtall still loving the eleven rack [Re: Hal]
Bob Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa
Still using both of mine. I have the one that lives in the Argosy desk and the other that lives in a rack case.

With respect to 11R and Catalina; since I've never used 11R as my interface, I've had relatively few issues upgrading to Catalina.

I've always used 11R as a guitar processor with either Avid 003 Rack + or my current Focusrite Clarett 8PreX via S/PDIF, or anolog.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >