Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46648 - 02/21/19 04:30 PM Which Fractal Ax Fx unit is a good buy on ebay right now and why?...
Justin Offline

advanced member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
With the new Ax Fx III out (last year I think) going for $2K+ right now wondering which older models might be worthy on ebay right now, at what prices and why. I haven't followed much but it seems lots and lots of people love these units so if the price was low enough, I might buy one. Anyone have info to share on this? Thanks so much!

#46650 - 02/25/19 11:02 AM Re: Which Fractal Ax Fx unit is a good buy on ebay right now and why?... [Re: Justin]
DonaldR Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
A friend has AxeFx II and told me last update ever for this model will be in March (I think). So if you are switching to AxeFx because of no update on the 11R you would be in the same dead-end. Also no more hardware parts on discountinued models...

Have look in forum.fractalaudio.com

#46661 - 03/29/19 01:26 AM Re: Which Fractal Ax Fx unit is a good buy on ebay right now and why?... [Re: DonaldR]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Did you ever try the Helix? I love mine ... not touched the 11r since getting it (need to sell)... they are still updating and milking more out of it

#46662 - 05/23/19 09:42 AM Re: Which Fractal Ax Fx unit is a good buy on ebay right now and why?... [Re: jaminjimlp]
stub Offline

Loc: Colorado, U.S.
A lack of updates is a concern if the current software is buggy or has some functional shortcomings that can be addressed. If they get the software right, it's not a deal-breaker.

The 11R has a pretty limited set of "modules", but is pretty feature-rich (especially WRT MIDI control). There's the crash bug I mentioned in another thread, but they will NEVER fix that.

Seems most people I know are at least satisfied with their Helix. I'm not sure I trust Line6 since I've heard some of their botched models for basic effects as recently as the Pod 500HD.