Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46622 - 12/28/18 01:21 PM Def Leppard Guitar Sound
Shultzee13 Offline

Any of you guys have a Rockman or Rock-Box style sound for the eleven rack? I am a new user and trying to achieve that "Hysteria" album guitar sound. Just wondering if anyone has ever done it for the eleven rack?

Thanks guys.

#46623 - 12/29/18 02:14 AM Re: Def Leppard Guitar Sound [Re: Shultzee13]
ADF Offline
advanced member

For whatever reason - copyright maybe? That classic Rockman sound hasn't been on any of the amp modelers I've owned, including the Eleven Rack. I know the Rockman tone is a bit dated, but so are many other popular modeled sounds.

It's amazing how many songs, even pop songs, used the Rockman back then.

I actually still have my Rockman X100. It's not in perfect condition, but it sure sounds great.

The Def Leppard recorded guitars are layered very thickly, but a Rockman would get close; even on the clean sounds, like the arpeggiated chords in Love Bites.

I would suggest a modest distortion with tight compression and a touch of chorus.

#46628 - 01/03/19 03:25 PM Re: Def Leppard Guitar Sound [Re: ADF]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
yep, singtall.com

#46630 - 01/03/19 11:17 PM Re: Def Leppard Guitar Sound [Re: singtall]
ADF Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: singtall
yep, singtall.com

Cool!

I'd be curious to hear how close you got it. Have you put it in any of your demos? I watched your Fractal sampler (which was excellent) and Def Leppard wasn't on there.

I listen to a lot of retro pop music and couldn't begin to list the albums I've heard the Rockman on. Debbie Gibson, Teena Marie, Martika, etc.

I used mine extensively when I got my first 4 track in the late 80's. It was the easiest way to get a decent sound on (cassette) tape in those days.

I will also say this about the Rockman X100. It not only sounded great, it felt great playing through.

This is the video I watched: