Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46620 - 12/17/18 07:02 PM Eleven Rack bug
stub Offline

Loc: Colorado, U.S.
I was looking for a versatile effect box with decent sound that also had good MIDI realtime control capability. Found out the 11R would do all that and was at a great price from Sweetwater. I don't really care about ProTools so it didn't matter to me that the bundled PT license for this particular sale is basically the free one.

When I unboxed the unit, the first thing I wanted to know was if it had the latest firmware and if it had the ability to switch input sources via MIDI. So, I went to the Utilities and looked at the MIDI CC Reference. This is basically a long set of pages on the display showing the CC numbers to control all the parameters of all the built in modules. I started paging through it and saw the input switch CCs on the last page. When I scrolled one more page to see if there was any more, the screen went blank, and the unit froze. Had to turn it off and on.

This happened within the first 60 seconds of my powering up for the first time.

Turns out I found an actual bug in that version of firmware. If you page past the last page of the CC reference, it crashes. The Sweetwater guy confirmed. He contacted Avid, but they didn't respond. I won't hold my breath. It's pretty minor, but a part of the UI that forces you to restart is pretty sloppy. The workaround is just to not go past that last page.

Otherwise, I like the rig, and look forward to getting to know it more. Looking forward to coming on here and learning more stuff about it.

Edited by stub (12/18/18 08:11 AM)

#46644 - 02/07/19 11:11 AM Re: Eleven Rack bug [Re: stub]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
Good find! Thanks for posting it here!

#46645 - 02/13/19 07:28 PM Re: Eleven Rack bug [Re: Downrazor11]
stub Offline

Loc: Colorado, U.S.
This is a pretty sleepy forum, isn't it?

I'm still pretty excited about the 11R since it's still fairly new to me.

Thought the selection of FX is fairly limited, the realtime MIDI control possibilities are very exciting-- and are getting more difficult to find in FX boxes.

#46646 - 02/14/19 12:44 PM Re: Eleven Rack bug [Re: stub]
DonaldR Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Quiet because no updates
But Eleven Rack is working well and sounds good.
Since amps/effects are very good but limited, we setup some presets and we just play smile

#46773 - 11/29/21 12:18 PM Re: Eleven Rack bug [Re: DonaldR]
Scott Hodges Offline

Loc: AL
Almost 4 years later and I have discovered the same bug, have to cycle on/off.