Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46605 - 09/09/18 04:36 PM Short Song w/ 2 Eleven Rack Presets
ADF Offline
advanced member

I know posting a thread here is not too far removed from the proverbial tree falling in the forest and no one hearing it. wink

But here goes anyway.

I wanted to make a backing track for a short jump rope video, but didn't want to spend endless hours tweaking parameters (I never do!).

So I put this short tune together using preset q3: SL 100 Drive for the rhythm guitars, and C1 Saturation for the lead lines.

I wasn't basing those decisions on any particular artist's sound I was after; they just sounded best for the song. Heck, I don't even know who those presets were based on!

I plugged my Les Paul straight into 11R and didn't tweak a thing.

I know at other forums saying you're using 11R is like saying you watch television with a VCR. But it still fits all of my needs and is extremely easy to use.

I may even buy one more as a backup since Sweetwater appears to be clearing them out.

Here's the short track if anyone is interested:

#46608 - 09/12/18 05:36 PM Re: Short Song w/ 2 Eleven Rack Presets [Re: ADF]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
I think you've got some great tones! The soloing was beautiful, was the tracking/take we hear for the solo the take we see on the video? I'm not that into jumprope but it is cool stuff nonetheless, great job!

#46609 - 09/12/18 11:52 PM Re: Short Song w/ 2 Eleven Rack Presets [Re: Downrazor11]
ADF Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Downrazor11
I think you've got some great tones! The soloing was beautiful, was the tracking/take we hear for the solo the take we see on the video? I'm not that into jumprope but it is cool stuff nonetheless, great job!

Thanks SO much Downrazor11!

For whatever reasons, the Eleven Rack and my Les Paul just work very well together. When I get a chance, I'll audition it through some of the presets on this site, but the stock ones just sound great.

I have the old PDF that details what each preset was based on so I'll have to check what C1 Saturation is. But it is my main lead sound and I kid you not - I don't change a thing!

I'll fess up - the take on the video was done music video style. In other words, I was faking it! blush

But in my defense, I nailed the solo on my 'fake' take. I could hear the notes on the camera's mic when I was syncing it with the video and it was pretty much spot on.

I've done things like this before and my friends ribbed me for not having the guitar 'plugged in.' So I made sure to use the cord; it just wasn't plugged into anything on the other end. wink

Thanks again for checking it out!

#46613 - 10/21/18 04:16 PM Re: Short Song w/ 2 Eleven Rack Presets [Re: ADF]
mojah Offline

Loc: Massachsetts
Cool clip smile