Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46602 - 09/07/18 01:08 PM Footswitch recomendations...
Mr.Scotty Offline

Loc: Mexico
Did a search but did not find what I need. Just need to kick a boost on and off. Checked my users manual and it did not specify if I need a momentary or latching switch. I presume momentary but want verify before ordering. Any recomendations are welcome. I currently use an expression pedal and will continue using it for volume and wah. What is the best way to use both? Thanks

#46603 - 09/07/18 03:13 PM Re: Footswitch recomendations... [Re: Mr.Scotty]
DonaldR Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
You need a mandatory footswitch, I build my own for $10 but anyone will work, liking the Boss FS-5U on TS cable or FS-6 on TRS cable. However you cannot use an expression pedal and a footswitch at the same time, it's one or the other.

What I do, is plug my expression pedal in my midi footpedal and use a 2-footswitch pedal in Eleven Rack for instant access (distortion and modulation), why limit to only 1 when you can connect 2 ;-)

#46604 - 09/08/18 12:53 PM Re: Footswitch recomendations... [Re: DonaldR]
Mr.Scotty Offline

Loc: Mexico
Thanks DonaldR! I opted for a dual switch on your recommendation. I seldom use the WAH on my experssion pedal anyway. For volume I can ride that little knob on my guitar which I normally do. Took me 30 years to figure out what that thing was for!

Picked up a BeatLoop Neewer footswitch for $20 and it works just fine. Small, but big enough, and heavy enough to stay put. Metal case. It shipped with a 6 inch cable so I ordered a 20ft TRS cable. I will check it out at Wednesdays gig.

So far it is set for sw 1 distortion sw 2 for delay. When I have time I plan on experimenting with changing patches, sw1 forward sw2 back. I would just clone say A1 to A2 and add whatever I need on A2 for solos. Since I only use 8 rigs total it should not take much time.

#46607 - 09/11/18 03:12 PM Re: Footswitch recomendations... [Re: Mr.Scotty]
DonaldR Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
You're welcome smile
If you need more than on/off swithing, I suggest Tech21 Midi Mongoose: small, light and with 2 expression inputs. Powered by an 9V adapter at home but using 9V battery when gigging (so only midi cable to front of stage).