Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46516 - 04/20/18 01:39 AM Songs/Artists the Presets are Modeled From
ADF Offline
advanced member

I know it's been very quiet here for quite some time. And I do recall we had a thread discussing this at some point.

However, I cannot find it, and perhaps this could breathe a little life here?

I have been playing mainly acoustic guitar the last couple of years, but I am wanting to record a song I wrote, with electric guitars. I fired up the Eleven Rack for the first time in ages, and was VERY happy!

I'm not a tone chaser; I'm more a plug-and-play type. Scrolling through the presets for the first time in seemingly eons, I came to the conclusion that I can record this song completely with presets. I need a clean rhythm sound, a slightly dirty sound, and a distorted lead sound; all of which are in abundance.

But it got me to thinking - what are the specifics songs and artists the presets are based on?

Schoolboy Grind is obviously AC/DC. Irish Echo is U2. 10 Cent Stack is Dimebag.

Even though my song is more 'funk' in style, the clean sound I think I'm going with is Weeping. My guess is that is Wind Cries Mary.

If anyone has others, or can find the old thread, have at it!

#46522 - 04/25/18 05:51 PM Re: Songs/Artists the Presets are Modeled From [Re: ADF]
mikefont Offline
veteran member

Loc: H-Town
Hey ADF

I found one of the first threads on this....

http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/forum/u...ber=286#Post286

#46524 - 04/30/18 01:01 AM Re: Songs/Artists the Presets are Modeled From [Re: mikefont]
ADF Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: mikefont
Hey ADF

I found one of the first threads on this....

http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/forum/u...ber=286#Post286

PERFECT! Thanks SO much mikefont - that's exactly what I was looking for.

Hard to believe that thread started over 8 years ago. Time sure flies, doesn't it?

I know for the more metal type sounds the presets haven't received a lot of positive feedback; but for clean Strat sounds and distorted Les Paul sounds, they are very good.