Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46486 - 03/22/18 07:45 PM Leaving Eleven Rack Turned On?
DePriest_64 Offline

Loc: WV, USA
Does anyone know if leaving the Eleven Rack powered on for long periods at a time is alright? I have gotten to the point where I just use it as my sound card for my computer and dont really want to damage it. Its not on its side, only has my monitor on top of it, and the sides have room to breathe.

#46491 - 03/24/18 02:47 PM Re: Leaving Eleven Rack Turned On? [Re: DePriest_64]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
While it should be fine theoretically, even with good ventilation there will be increased temps internally, and this will likely shorten the life of the unit. But we are probably talking about a difference of only lasting 20 years, instead of 25 or so, before some of the caps exceed their life expectancy..

I would also be concerned the LCD might burn out, and i don't know how hard it would be to find a replacement as it seems as though these might be discontinued soon (see sweetwater's recent price drop). If I were going to leave it on all the time I would probably look into getting a replacement LCD if it were under $40 or so, they look easy to replace. Also, one should be able to disconnect the LCD ribbon if this is a concern:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xgkTpSI192E/U...frontPanel3.jpg